BUSINESS SOCIAL COMPLIANCE INITIATIVE
Code of Conduct
The BSCI Code of Conduct aims at setting out the values and principles that BSCI participants strive to implement with their business partners along their supply chains. Each BSCI participant endorses the Code of Conduct when joining the initiative.
BENEFITS AIMING AT THE HIGHEST LABOUR PROTECTION
- The Rights of Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining.
Our enterprise respects the right of workers to form unions or other kinds of worker’s associations and to engage in collective bargaining.
- Fair Remuneration.
Our enterprise respects the right of workers to receive fair remuneration.
- Occupational Health and Safety. .
Our enterprise ensures a healthy and safe working environment, assessing risk and taking all necessary measures to eliminate or reduce it.
- Special Protection for Young Workers.
Our enterprise provides special protection to any workers that are not yet adults.
- No Bonded Labour.
Our enterprise does not engage in any form of forced servitude, trafficked or non-voluntary labour.
- Ethical Business Behaviour.
Our enterprise does not tolerate any acts of corruption, extortion, embezzlement or bribery.
- No Discrimination.
Our enterprise provides equal opportunities and does not discriminate against workers.
- Decent Working Hours.
Our enterprise observes the law regarding hours of work.
- No Child Labour.
Our enterprise does not hire any worker below the legal minimum age.
- No Precarious Employment.
Our enterprise hires workers on the basis of documented contracts according to the law.
- Protection of the Environment.
Our enterprise takes the necessary measures to avoid environmental degradation.
The certification to BSCI is easy.
Go for the implementation as per the standards
- You know that implementing the system standards in your organization has many benefits as well as getting you ahead of the competition.
- You also know that being independently assessed and certified with various international system standards gives you credibility and helps attract new customers.
- However, you may not have the required resources and expertise and time In house to achieve this on your own.
- We can show how and where to get this required additional support.
Apply for Certification
- As you are ready with the implemented system, send the filled application form.
- The application form is forwarded to the accreditation board.
- The registration approval is received from the board.
- The financial decision is taken and the quotation and agreement is signed.
Get your system Audited
- As soon as the financial part is decided, you get ready to be audited for the certifications.
- Confirmation of the audit date is done and the auditor is chosen from the list of auditors by the board.
- The certificate is released after the audit is performed successfully.
- A decided frequency of surveillance audit is decided by the board and the surveillance process is followed between the cycle of the certification.
- A recertification audit is conducted after the expiry of the certificate and the process continues.