What is CE mark?
“CE” originated as an abbreviation of Conformité Européenne, meaning European Conformity] but is not defined as such in the relevant legislation. The CE marking is a symbol of free marketability in the European Economic Area (Internal Market). CE marking is a mandatory conformity marking for certain products sold within the European Economic Area (EEA) since 1985.The CE marking is also found on products sold outside the EEA that are manufactured in, or designed to be sold in, the EEA. This makes the CE marking recognizable worldwide even to people who are not familiar with the European Economic Area. It is in that sense similar to the FCC Declaration of Conformity used on certain electronic devices sold in the United States. The CE marking is the manufacturer’s declaration that the product meets the requirements of the applicable EC directives. The mark consists of the CE logo and, if applicable, the four digit identification number of the Notified Body involved in the conformity assessment procedure.
Benefits of CE Mark
- Safe for user
- Reduces probability of rejections
- Reduces probability of damage
- Minimizes the Liability Claims
- Makes the product reliable to its maximum.
- Easy to circulate the product throughout the 30 countries of European Economic Area.
- Only one set of requirements and procedure to comply within the design and manufacturing a product for the entire EEA.
- Elimination of conflicting national regulations
How to Get CE Mark Easily?
Go for the implementation/Testing of the product as per the Directives
- You know that implementing the standards/Directive for your product has many benefits as well as getting you ahead of the competition.
- You also know that being independently assessed and getting CE mark gives you and your product a credibility and helps attract new customers.
- However, you may not have the required resources and expertise and time In house to achieve this on your own.
- We can show how and where to get this required additional support.
Apply for Certification
- As you are ready with the implemented system and testing of the product, send the filled application form.
- The application form is forwarded to the associated boards.
- The registration approval is received within 2 working days from the board.
- d) The financial decision is taken and the quotation and agreement is signed.
Get your system Audited
- As soon as the financial part is decided, you get ready to be audited for the certifications.
- Confirmation of the audit date is done and the auditor is chosen from the list of auditors by the board.
- The certificate valid for 3/5 years is released by the board after the audit is performed successfully.
- A decided frequency of surveillance audit is decided by the board and the surveillance process is followed between the three/five years cycle of the certification.
- A recertification audit is conducted after the cycle of three/five years and the process continues.