Introduction of ISO 22000 Certification:
ISO 22000 Certification means adequate controls on presence of food based hazards in food at the time of its consumption. Food safety is not single stage controls but is combined efforts of all the party participating in the food chain, this includes Feed Producers, Primary Producers through manufacturer, Transporter, Store operator, wholesalers, retailers, Caterers, Food Service Outlets and Producers of Equipment , Packaging Materials, Cleaning Agents, Additives & preservatives & Ingredients and Service providers. ISO 22000 and HACCP- Food Safety System Even this includes Pesticides, fertilizers and veterinary drugs. Successful Implementation of FSMS and HACCP – ISO 22000 Certification helps the organization to prevent problems like presence of Microbes, Toxins and Adulteration etc before its occurrence & Suggest Corrective action.
Wish to Apply for ISO 22000 Certification?
Key Elements of FSMS -ISO 22000 Certification:
Interactive Communication: Effective communication is essentials to ensure that all possible hazards are duly identified & adequately controlled at each step within the food chain.
System Management: ISO 22000 Compatible with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 45001 and various other management system standards.
Prerequisites Programmes: (PRPs)
HACCP Certification: HACCP Certification in conjunction to ISO 22000 Certification
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control points- HACCP is one of the very important concept in the food safety certification. There are few principles which are used in the right approach to the functions of HACCP- The analysis of the physical, biological and chemical contamination are one of the principle of the HACCP, The Identification of the Objectives to minimize the hazards is one of the other principles, the Regular Monitoring and analysis of the achievement of the objectives are one of the principles of HACCP.
The most major part of the Food safety Certification irrespective of the standard is HACCP- where the hazard analysis is done and critical points are controlled using PRPs and oPRPs.
Adaption of ISO 22000 Certification and Implementation should be a planned Decision of any Organization; Design & Implementation & time required is basically depend on the following factor:
- Organizational Environment
- Chain involved
- Products or Services in which organization dealt with.
- The Process adopted
- Size & organizational Structure
- Risk associated with the Products & Processes.
Principals: ISO 22000 Certifications
- Hazard Analysis: Biological, chemical & physical.
- Identify CCP: Identify Critical Control Point of food Chain.
- Controls: Establishment of critical control points and preventive measures thereon.
- Monitoring of CCP.
- Ascertain Corrective Actions.
- Records Keeping.
- Third Party Audit
Benefit of ISO 22000 Certification:
- ISO 22000 Certification helps Organization to provide safe food products to consumers.
- ISO 22000 is a Scientific Approach
- Make food safety responsibility of Food Chain parties.
- Competitive edge
- ISO 22000 Certification Help Business, Government & Society.
Roadmap for FSMS- ISO 22000 Certification
Roadmap and plan for ISO 22000 Certification basically depend on various factor, but mainly following are the main factors of the FSMS (ISO 22000:2005) Certification.
- Identify the requirements of ISO 22000:2005 Certification and HACCP Certification to your organization.
- Make Decision for ISO 22000 Certification and Implementation
- Get skilled team or hire services of consultant.
- Identify GAP Analysis to analyse the present status for ISO 22000 Certifications.
- Make Implementation Plan for ISO 22000- Food Safety Certification. (FSMS)
- Design, implement, aware about the Policy, Manual & SOP as per the ISO 22000- Food Safety Management system (FSMS)
- Establish & evaluate the system and procedure.
- Identify the boundaries of the management system and produce documented procedures as required.
- Ensure these procedures are suitable and adhered to food safety Management system.
- Once developed, internal audits & Third party audit are needed to ensure the system keeps working.
Integrated Management System:
QMS may be integrated with other similar standards, Family of the management system standards viz:
ISO 22000 Certification
ISO 50001 Certification
ISO 37001 Certification
How to Get ISO 22000 Certification Easily?
- Go for the implementation as per the standards
- You know that implementing the system standards in your organization has many benefits as well as getting you ahead of the competition.
- You also know that being independently assessed and certified with various international system standards gives you credibility and helps attract new customers.
- However, you may not have the required resources and expertise and time In house to achieve this on your own.
- We can show how and where to get this required additional support.
- Apply for ISO 22000 Certification
- As you are ready with the implemented system, send the filled application form.
- The application form is forwarded to the accreditation board.
- The registration approval is received within 2 working days from the board.
- The financial decision is taken and the quotation and agreement is signed.
- Get your system Audited
- As soon as the financial part is decided, you get ready to be audited for the certifications.
- Confirmation of the audit date is done and the auditor is chosen from the list of auditors by the board.
- The certificate valid for 3 years is released within 15 working days after the audit is performed successfully.
- A decided frequency of surveillance audit is decided by the board and the surveillance process is followed between the three years cycle of the certification.
- A re-certification audit is conducted after the cycle of three years and the process continues.