OHSAS 18001 Certification-OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
OHSAS 18001 Certification should be a planned Decision of any Organization.
The level of OHSAS 18001 implementation depends on various things such as-
- Present Policy, Procedure & Practice
- Organizational Health and Safety Issue
- Occupational and Safety Objective of organisation
- Scope (Activities, Products or Services) of OHSAS of Organisation
- Present safety regulations and implemented safety systems
- Level of hazards in the organization and the level of controls to prevent the occupational safety hazards.
- Legal & Regulatory Requirement
OHSAS 180001 Certification: “Occupational Health and Safety“. OHSAS 18001 standards basically focus what the organization do to fulfil :
- Customer’s Quality Requirements,
- Applicable Legal & Regulatory requirements,
- Develop Customer Satisfaction,and
- Attain Continual Improvementof its performances in chase of these objective
BENEFITS OF OHSAS 18001 Certification
- Improved corporate image and credibility among stake holders, regulators, customers, prospective clients and the public.
- Adoption of international best practice in relation to risk management .
- Ensures health and well-being of employees, sub-contractors and the public .
- Minimization of liability of employers through adoption of proactive rather than reactive controls .
- Ensures legislative awareness and compliance .
- Reduces accident and incident rates by reducing and elimination workplace hazards .
- Improves the incident investigation process .
- Increases employee motivation through the provision of a safer workplace and participation process .
- Improvement in safety culture, increasing control of hazards .
APPLICABILITY OF OH&S 18001
The OH&S 18001 Occupational Health and Safety standard applies to almost all the industries irrespective of the size and nature of the organization. It can be applied in areas such as manufacturing, processing, printing, forestry, electronics, food processing, financial services, banking, retailing, drilling, recycling, aerospace, construction, exploration, textiles, pharmaceuticals, oil and gasm pulm and paper, publishing, petrochemicals, shipping, mining, telecommunications, plastics, metals, research health care, hospitality, utilities, aviation, machine tools, agriculture, government, education, fabrication, sanitation, consumer products, transportation, biotechnology, chemicals, and various other types of industries where any type of activity whose product or by product can effect environment in any way can opt to OHSAS 18001 certification.
Roadmap for OHSAS 18001 Certification
Roadmap and plan for OHSAS 18001:2007 Certification basically depend on various factor, but mainly following are the main factors of the OHSAS 18001 Certification.
- Identification of the OHSAS 18001:2007 requirements relevant to your organization
- Decision for OHSAS Implementation and OHSAS 18001 Certification
- Gap Analysis.
- Expert Views
- Implementation plan
- Allocation of the responsibilities
- Review of the implemented system as per the milestones
- Training as per the OHSAS 18001:2007 Standard
- Internal Audit of the system
- Management review on the requirements and achievement of the system
- Closure of the proposed actions in the MRM and Internal audits
After all the above steps for getting ready for the OHSAS 18001 Certification, Send the Filled application form to SIS Certifications.
Once the Application form is received by SIS, the below actions and process shall be adopted.
- Review of the OHSAS 18001 application form.
- Quotation for OHSAS 18001 Certification generation
- Agreement Sign.
- Stage 1 Audit- Pre-Assessment Visit- Documentation and preparation status verification audit.
- Stage 2 audit- Final process audit to verify the implementation of OHSAS 18001:2007 Standard for Certification.
- Closure of N.C and Payment receipt at relevant stages.
- Special audit (If Required)
- Surveillance audits- to see if the standard- OHSAS 18001:2007 is well followed and implemented.
- Re-Certification after completion of the cycle of certification.
What is the cost of an audit and OHSAS 18001 certification ?
The Cost of OHSAS 18001:2007 certification varies from one organization to another. The OHSAS 18001 Certification cost is calculated depending on the type, size, number of employees, nature of the organization and various other factors.
To get the exact quotation, please download the application form from the below link and send the filled application form.
Integrated Management System:
OHSAS may be integrated with other similar standards, Family of the management system standards viz:
QMS ISO 9001 Certification
ISO 50001 Certification
ISO 37001 Certification
How to Get OHSAS 18001 Certifications
- Go for the implementation as per the standards
- You know that implementing the system standards in your organization has many benefits as well as getting you ahead of the competition.
- You also know that being independently assessed and certified with various international system standards gives you credibility and helps attract new customers.
- However, you may not have the required resources and expertise and time In house to achieve this on your own.
- We can show how and where to get this required additional support.
- Apply for Certification
- As you are ready with the implemented system, send the filled application form.
- The application form is forwarded to the accreditation board.
- The registration approval is received within 2 working days from the board.
- The financial decision is taken and the quotation and agreement is signed.
- Get your system Audited
- As soon as the financial part is decided, you get ready to be audited for the certifications.
- Confirmation of the audit date is done and the auditor is chosen from the list of auditors by the board.
- The certificate after OHSAS 18001 certification Decision valid for 3 years is released within 15 working days after the audit is performed successfully.
- A decided frequency of surveillance audit is decided by the board and the surveillance process is followed between the three years cycle of the certification.
- A re-certification audit is conducted after the cycle of three years and the process continues.