SOCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY INTERNATIONAL STANDARD
INTRODUCTION TO SA 8000 CERTIFICATION
The SA8000 Standard is the central document of our work at SAI. It is one of the world’s first auditable social certification standards for decent workplaces, across all industrial sectors. It is based on the UN Declaration of Human Rights, conventions of the ILO, UN and national law, and spans industry and corporate codes to create a common language to measure social performance. It takes a management systems approach by setting out the structures and procedures that companies must adopt in order to ensure that compliance with the standard is continuously reviewed. Those seeking to comply with SA8000 have adopted policies and procedures that protect the basic human rights of workers.
BENEFITS OF SA 8000
- Proves your commitment to social accountability and to treating your employees ethically and in compliance with global standards.
- Improves the management and performance of your supply chain.
- Allows you to ensure compliance with global standards and reduce the risk of negligence, public exposure and possible litigation.
- Supports your corporate vision and build and reinforce the loyalty of your employees, customers and stakeholders.
- Enables you to demonstrate proper social accountability when bidding for international contracts or expanding locally to accommodate new business.
The certification to SA 8000 is easy.
Go for the implementation as per the standards
- You know that implementing the system standards in your organization has many benefits as well as getting you ahead of the competition.
- You also know that being independently assessed and certified with various international system standards gives you credibility and helps attract new customers.
- However, you may not have the required resources and expertise and time In house to achieve this on your own.
- We can show how and where to get this required additional support.
Apply for Certification
- As you are ready with the implemented system, send the filled application form.
- The application form is forwarded to the accreditation board.
- The registration approval is received from the board.
- The financial decision is taken and the quotation and agreement is signed.
Get your system Audited
- As soon as the financial part is decided, you get ready to be audited for the certifications.
- Confirmation of the audit date is done and the auditor is chosen from the list of auditors by the board.
- The certificate is released after the audit is performed successfully.
- A decided frequency of surveillance audit is decided by the board and the surveillance process is followed between the cycle of the certification.
- A recertification audit is conducted after the expiry of the certificate and the process continues.